Monday, July 21, 2008

Surprise Trip!

When I got home from girls camp Rangi let me know that he had a surprise trip planned for me (and because we have his sister Roxanne here to help that made it possible to leave the kids.) We left on Friday around 2:00 and started driving when we stayed on the 210 until we had passed all the freeways I assumed we would be taking I asked where we were going, he told me to Ventura. When we got there I asked WHAT we were doing... here it is... we ate dinner that night (CPK) and stayed in a hotel the next morning we woke up early to catch a boat that was taking us to the channel Island- Santa Cruz. Once there we kayaked all around the island, it was awesome!!! We saw tons of huge colorful starfish, 2 jellyfish, tons and tons of dolphins and seals, fish of all colors, pelicans that were not afraid of us, sea caves and tunnels, and huge sting rays all over underneath us and remember that is what finally killed steve erwin so I was a little nervous. All in all it was a great trip very fun and relaxing. FYI The channel Islands are a group of islands about 20-30 miles off the coast of California, that is where an indian girl was left that inspired the book island of the blue dolphins and they are a national park.  

7 comments:

Darice said...

Sounds like so much fun! You look great and very happy!

Tara said...

What a great guy you are married to. Surprise getaways are the best!

lori said...

JEALOUS. That is my dream!

S Tippetts said...

How fun you the two of you! That is awesome that Rangi planned it all out and just surprised you. Way to go Rangi!!

Janelle said...

So fun Sara! What a great husband you have!

jenni bishop said...

I hope everyone is also checking Rangi's blog to see more pictures! What a fun trip! We want to go do that but I don't think we can ditch the guide like you guys!!:)

Carolee said...

How fun!!Are you not surprised that I lived in CA for almost 30 years and never knew about the Channel Islands and that you could kayak and see all sorts of beautiful things in CA:) I really do need you to come out to PA and help me explore. Im afraid if you dont all I will get out of this place if 4 years is that they have a cool grocery store!!