Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Look Who's Three!

Our sweet Caroline turned three today. We celebrated last Friday with a perfect little tea party for lots of polite and fancy ladies. 
The girls started their afternoon tea by making fancy hats. We then read some poems about tea parties and a book about how to use your best manners. "Yes please" and "no thank-you" was all I heard while passing out finger foods! 
Caroline has been thrilled every year to get sung Happy Birthday to, this year was no exception.
My personal favorite part of the party was being a "balloon artist" a skill I acquired last year at a class. I am available for all parties and free of charge until I become a master of that trade! I mostly make weiner dogs, rabbits and giraffes; anything that resembles 4 legged animals.
Caroline is the Joy of our family. She has LOTS of personality and loves to joke. Her best friend is Daddy which she states multiple times a day. Tonight we opened her presents as a family and she was SO excited about all of them, she kept saying how cute or awesome they were. She loved singing happy birthday and proceeded to sing herself a birthday rap, with a little help from the rest of the family. We are so grateful to have Caroline in our family! 

7 comments:

jenni bishop said...

Where do I begin? The party was adorable! Macie was hoping SHE was Caroline's best friend but...whatever. When you whipped out that balloon pump, I about lost it! Good thing you didn't mention that you could do hummingbirds...because you can't! We are glad Caroline is our friend. We love her! Happy Birthday Carloine!

jenni bishop said...

Oh! I can't wait for Caroline's rap! No pressure Riz Nasty and D-whatever your name is! :) I may need to buy the album!

Mindy said...

Happy Birthday Caroline! It looks like you had a fun day. What a cute party idea.I love the hats!

Darrell said...

What a fun party for an adorable daughter. You are such a good mother!

cheryl said...

Sara, I second that you are such a good mom. That was a darling party. Caroline's face, in the picture with the cake, tells what a success it was.

Robby said...

We had so much fun at the party as well... Syd still wants to wear her party hat whenever she plays out in the sun... so it's getting some good use. And lately she won't even consider listening to a story that doesn't feature Caroline as a main character. Thanks for letting us crash at your place. Sorry for them missing piece of cake... cute picture though!

Jess Mac said...

I cant believe she is three!! Caroline is so adorable I miss her and feel terrible I missed her birthday. I used to be good with Rigdon but now you have too many!!