Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Some people never learn

I happen to BE one of those people. Eight years ago I ran a marathon, cold turkey- wearing  a bright shirt that said "If Oprah can do it, I can do it cold turkey!!!" I had a baby four months earlier and was still nursing. Needless to say I couldn't do it cold turkey and looked like a real idiot at mile 20 when I got picked up by the loser van. Here I am again, four months from having a baby and still nursing exclusively, running a race. The Wasatch back is a relay race with twelve team members each running three legs of the 180 mile course. I am one of the team members. Hold your tongues... I AM training for this race even if it is only two months away and REFUSE to wear a bright colored shirt with some hot dog remark. So maybe I do learn... at least a little. 

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Did you really wear that shirt? If so you must MUST post a picture, I'm laughing my butt off over here. Running even one mile four months after having a baby is commendable, especially when you're nursing, I can't even imagine 20!

cheryl said...

I'm not worried about you making it... I couldn't believe what you did in the marathon, but I am glad you are training a bit.

Marja said...

I didn't know that there was a loser van to pick you up...perhaps I'll consider a marathon now. =) Good job with the current training though! I can't wait to hear about it!!

Janelle said...

Its a good idea.....I have another friend doing the same race. Maybe we'll go cheer both of you on.