Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Lofty Goals

I used to set high goals each summer for my kids...for instance reading and math every day. Learning new sports and music skills. Chores. This summer I honestly didn't buy a single summer enrichment book from Costco-we were just going to live it up. Rigdon asked if he could earn a Nintendo ds- I said sure if you read 1500 pages this summer ( thinking no way in heck was that happening). Guess who just got a ds? Thanks a lot Harry Potter!

3 comments:

Mindy said...

Good Job Rigdon! He has got to be so excited, no more needing to borrow i-touches from his uncles!

The Hungry Bookworm said...

Anyone who is such a great reader deserves a little DS time!

Derrick and Angie said...

I laughed because I do the same thing, except I bought the books and Hannah's "mysteriously" got lost and well, I don't know what has happened to the rest! Hannah had had a summer full of Harry Potter as well. I wont tell her what Rigdon got for it though.. :) Hey you can always get math tutor for the DS like I did. Except they never play that one either... best intentions, right??