Thursday, October 8, 2009

L.A.County Fair

This year at the fair we had a variety of life and death encounters ... the shark
The heat... it started out hot!
The T-Rex... you can see that Rangi and I are leaning away from his deadly jaw.
Maybe the most deadly was an actual taste of chocolate covered bacon, not as bad as it sounds, turned out to be not so deadly.
THE MOST DEADLY... worlds biggest chili cheese fries, and giant turkey leg... heart attack on location could occur!
Rigdon still alive and kicking after punishing the whole turkey leg, as for the chili fries...the plate was just as bare-we are watching our cholesterol levels until the next fair.
Caroline was the only thing to be feared in the petting zoo. She would hug the animals with a death grip until they fled for dear life.
Itch attack is what I would be afraid of here, but the kids climbed happily over and through the hay "maze" for quite awhile.
And if you are afraid of crazy kids... run now!
We also encountered deadly sales people which is why I am now the proud owner of THREE poodle gloves (designed to make house cleaning a walk in the park) lightning should have struck the sales booth making it more dangerous than the food.
Despite all of the danger we would risk it again to be with good friends, free parking, fatty foods and farm animals!

3 comments:

Robby said...

The fair looks like so much fun... I get heart burn just looking at that plate of chili cheese fries... and no one must ever let Dave in on the chocolate covered bacon! Also, I love that table! What did you do wih your other one? I wish we were closer, I'd buy it from you in a heart beat! Love you!

The Hungry Bookworm said...

Ouch! I thought moms mainly had to worry about kid injuries! And chocolate covered bacon????Looks like a Fabulous Fun Fall! You're making great memories for your kids.

Jess Mac said...

fun fun fun!! I wish I could have gone to the fair with you guys!