Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Have a holly jolly Christmas...

I don't know how everyone else stores their lights, but despite our best efforts we always get some like this; so of course I put my kids on the job of testing and untangling the lights (because what is frustrating for me is great fun for them). I look over at Caroline and she says take a picture of me I'm all lighted up. So much for helping untangle lights:)
All three kids take their turn putting the star on top before Rangi takes his turn and I tell him how to straighten it a million times before going to do it myself to find that it really isn't that easy. (maybe next year I will commit it to memory).
Sometimes I feel bad that my Christmas tree doesn't look like it came out of a pottery barn magazine... until I watch my kids take out all of the ornaments and reminisce about their whole lives. In Caroline's case she said, "remember when I made this ornament when I was in the first grade and I got married?" Actually you are still not in first grade, nor are you married, and you WISH you made the prettiest ornament we have that no one we know made. At any rate when the tree is all decorated it is the prettiest tree I have seen, and I wouldn't have it any other way.
(As my friend Lisa said...I can't wait to see what the tree looks like in 20 more years.)
Little Old Lady from Pasadena ??? That was my guess too, when she quizzed me. "NO MOM I AM MARY" I do collect Nativity scenes but none of my Marys wear glasses.

3 comments:

jenni bishop said...

That is the cutest Mary I've ever seen:)

Jennifer said...

The pic of Caroline in all the lights is ADORABLE!!!!

My tree is only decorated from the waist up. Can you guess why?

Rachel Elder said...

I agree with Jennifer, Lini IN Lights is so freakin cute!! And I think you always have a pretty tree. I felt the same way when I was in 1st grade and got married:) Brings back good memories. ha ha, she kills me.