Saturday, December 19, 2009

Oh Baby...

it's Christmas time again! I have this CD that has a song with this line in it. I have had this CD since I was a freshmen in college. The other day I was listening to this song and couldn't even believe that I have had that CD this long, which led to me to think about all of the Christmases that the CD has been through and how they have changed. In college and when I was first married, Christmas was so calm, I SAVED all my shopping to do in December so I could enjoy the "hustle and bustle". We rarely finished a cookie plate. I had tons of time to address cards and make treats. It was calm, it was easy to focus on the true meaning of Christmas while I was at home or in the car listening to carols. NOW... Whew! Now Christmas is a totally different story; let's start with the fact that our family polished off an entire cookie plate in 10 minutes! My kids were in three Christmas programs in ONE week (and I loved every second-quite honestly that is what I have looked forward to the most since having kids:} We have school projects due, class parties (I am a room mom) presents for the teachers and other school staff we are so grateful for. Church parties, way more cards to send because we know way more people, Christmas shopping and wrapping, wrapping, for so many loved ones! A lot has changed and sometimes it gets a little crazy, but one thing has not changed and that is the fact that our Savior was born in Bethlehem, he came to save a world from sin. He is perfect. Through him we can become perfect. I am so grateful for my knowledge of Him and I hope that no matter how busy we get at Christmas time, the other thing that will not change will be our desire to be more like him and to be an angel on His errand.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

I loved this post Sara! Every year it seems like christmas gets busier and busier for me too (and I've only got two kids, I can't imagine how it is with four), I think we all need reminders like this once in a while. Thanks for sharing!

mindy said...

Remember my friend Ashlee from high school (she lived in King Henry with Sheralyn)...anyway, she is this video with her family. Her part happens in about the first 20 seconds she comes out the door in a maroon sweater and then her kids go running to meet grandma and gradpa. You'll have to watch it and see if you recognize her. Are you going to be in Cali for Christmas? I will be down there from Dec 22 to Dec 29. I would love to see you!

Rachel Elder said...

This is such an awesome post. I dont even have kids and I felt busy! Must be the bulldogs...

Robby said...

Thanks sara! What a good idea for a post. We ahd so much fun seeing you guys!