For anyone that knows me, I am passionate about education (I did get my degree in teaching). I love my kids and want the best for them. I also love our school, obviously I will do anything for Lightfoot to make it the best school around. (and trust me...me in the leopard is definitely making a difference). On a serious note, I have spent the last two days preparing and handing out letters and addressed envelopes to parents to send into our elected leaders to ask them to please care about our kids and the future by investing in education. Our schools have suffered so many budget cuts that I actually cried at a SSC meeting (I really tried not to and trust me it was embarassing). Our schools can't handle much more before they will become sub-par, and right now I think my school is doing excellent even in the face of it all. If you live in the Etiwanda school district PLEASE go to
www.etiwanda.k12.ca.us and print out the two forms to mail into our elected leaders. The addresses are all provided, it is very simple and the only way to even hope to make a difference is to speak up and let them know we are serious and our schools need help. PLEASE go do it!

...Unless you want a very angry leopard following you around!
6 comments:
Way to go Sara... I wish the leopard picture had been a video though.
Sara I LOVE IT!!!! The funny thing is this does not surprise me at all about you and I'm so happy that you are taking such a stand! Good job mama! I do wish the picture were a bit closer up though. =)
Dang I am impressed! Do you own that leopard suit? I wanna borrow it! Also, that is awesome that you care so much about Rig and Livi's school and that you're ACTUALLY doing something about it. So many times people have an opinion but when it comes down to it, Do they actually do anything to support it? Nope. Kudos to you Sar:)
Love the pic Sara! Hope all our work isn't for nothing! Thanks for telling me about the school site council (I will miss you next year!) and going along with the letter idea! You are awesome.
Sara,
you are an example to mothers everywhere. reading that you cried at a school meeting made me teary eyed. it's because you CARE SO MUCH. it's nothing to be embarrassed about. some of us just hold our emotions in our eyes. I'm one of them too. ;) your kids and the kids in your schoold district may have no idea how truly blessed they are to have someone who truly cares. I appreciated this post. thank you.
HA! You are hilarious! I also wish you had it on video...on the same video as your singing class footage. Do you still have that singing tape? To this day, that is still my favorite video of ALL time...I get a laugh just thinking about it!
Post a Comment