Sunday, May 3, 2009

Just what the Dr. ordered

Rangi and I had the opportunity to go to an awesome restaurant on PCH for his cousins wedding. We got dressed up, washed the car, got a baby sitter and had an awesome five course dinner with an ocean view. (Thanks for inviting us Darrel and Sheila)! I felt overloaded on mothering as we were driving down, but as we spent time with family, enjoyed a great dinner and the most important thing for me personally was watching her video and realizing how fast little girls grow up to be beautiful brides. I am re-committed to mothering because it really does go so fast! 

6 comments:

Mindy said...

That sounds so nice, I am glad you got a little break!

Derrick and Angie said...

Im glad you got a night out! They are so important for those reasons.. I always come home anxious to do a good job with my kids and re energized with the (seemingly) mundane duties around the house. I just wish my nights out were on the PCH at a nice restaurant!!

cheryl said...

I'm glad you had such a good time. You deserve it!

Lisa said...

Glad you had a nice time out on the town, I kind of felt the same way after going to my sister's wedding last week. Sometimes you have to step back from the chaos just to be able to put things into perspective!

Darcee said...

It was so fun to see you guys last weekend. And I'm so glad we got to meet Caroline and Jillian. They are so adorable! (Just like all your kids.) So fun to catch up!

Robby said...

Hurray for date nights! We miss you... yesterday Syd asked if we could go to Carolines house "just for 5 minutes"... hopefully we'll get to see you soon!