Monday, February 8, 2010

Pinewood 2010

Anticipation, Old Grayback ready to race, this time in it for first!
Looking good so far!
Here it is old Grayback (named after the mountain that Rig and Rangi summited last summer, and painted to look like it, the white is snow flying off from the cars exceptional speed.) That is exactly the way Rigdon saw it. The car next door... made and painted by a fellow wolf scout, a first timer, Rangi thought he would help them out with the speed factor. He did everything the same, when we saw the draw we thought this was the car to put Rigdon out. Rigdon placed...he didn't. Probably seems real fishy to a certain mom. I promise we did everything the same! (This is the last time we offer to help!!!)
The photo finish! Old grayback or should I say silver bullet?
Rigdon can't handle the pressure. He refused to watch his car in the finals.
Another third place finish, he was excited, what luck to place at two derby's ?
My favorite part of the night was watching Rigdon in the flag ceremony. The flag was a little heavy for him and he had to follow it around a little.

4 comments:

Mindy said...

Good Job Rigdon AGAIN! I love the picture of him not being able to handle the pressure, so cute.

The Hungry Bookworm said...

Ah...the memories...we have 4 boys so you can see we did a lot of PWD...John always polished the axles on his lathe at the dental lab...his sister in Utah used to send us her boys' wheels to do...and now he's the Webelos leader and we're having the weigh in for our ward's PWD at the house tomorrow night...have you seen the church movie?

Rachel Elder said...

Thats Awesome lil Rig!!! I love the "Silver Bullet" Saweet! I agree with Mind, the pic of him not watching his car is awesome. I wish we could have been there to see it! It reminds me of our Webelos' Pine Wood Derby last month:) Fun times!

Janelle said...

oh i loved how he had to "follow" the flag a little. hilarious!