Thursday, September 3, 2009

Schooled!

School bells are ringing loud and clear, vacations over school is here
We hunt our pencils and our books and say goodbye to fields and brooks
To carefree days of sunny hours, to fields and butterflies and flowers...
Yes it's true another school year is here and we are back in full swing (like it or not)! The first day always brings a lot of excitement, especially because our good friends go to our same school. When our first kids started kindergarten it didn't seem like a big deal that we went to different schools, but as fate would have it we are now both at the same school and I couldn't be happier!
I love to snap a picture of the kids at their desks, what a cutie!
Livi kept asking me if they were going to go easy on the first graders on the first day. She was really worried, but came home and said they went REALLY easy on us!
Shocker to me is that Caroline is in pre-school!!! (She started in September which is when I still believe school should start, that is why I waited to do this post...wink,wink)
She was the MOST excited, she loved her first day and told the kids about it as soon as she saw them. I can't believe how grown up everyone is getting!!! And what have I been doing you ask? EVERYTHING! Actually I have been using this time to overhaul the house and get really organized. Hope it last longer than a week.

6 comments:

korie said...

Great post. Can't wait 'till summer (wink wink.)

jenni bishop said...

I'm jealous of the desk pictures...I wish I would have done that! Your kids looked adorable as usual!

Mindy said...

I can't believe Caroline is in preschool either! I'll bet she owns the place! They all look so cute. Hopefully you are enjoying some "alone" time with Jillian.

sara said...

schooled is right! i'm dreading the homework already.

Derrick and Angie said...

How cute! I guess the cut off to go to preschool is later in CA because David just barely missed it here. He was so ready! oh well. I totally forgot my camera the first day! Can you believe that? What kind of blogger/mother am I???

Jess Mac said...

oh my gosh these kids are SOO CUTE!! I love it. I cant wait untill little Penny is in school. We miss you guys!